Talk about delicious, you’ll swear you’re eating at a 4-star restaurant with this one! This is a recipe I created out of necessity due to health concerns. Its a yummy alternative to the other heavy cream, high fat, seafood pasta dishes out there. However, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how little you notice or even miss the alternate. It’s easy to make and impressive to a dinner party.
Id love to hear how things turned out for you, leave a comment below, as well as any questions you may have about the recipe! Bon Appetit
Author: Magen Culver
Recipe type: Dinner
- 16 oz Barilla veggie spaghetti
- 15 oz Private Selection cream sauce basil pesto alfredo
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup real butter
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 cup pre-cooked frozen shrimp
- 1 cup cooked lobster, you can use from the can but taste better to get fresh lobster from your Seafood/Deli section of your grocery
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
This is where you can personalize your seafood choices, adding as much or little as you want. I prefer using lobster and shrimp. However, shallots and crab also make great additions.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium/low heat
- Add in garlic and onion, cook down for approx 10 min, making sure not to burn.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente, drain and reserve 1/8 cup pasta water.
- Add alfredo sauce to cooked down ingredients in frying pan, bringing to a low simmer.
- Add cherry tomatoes and spinach, cook, until tomatoes are soft.
- Add in cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Drain cooked pasta and add half to the frying pan along with the reserved water and seafood
- Simmer approx 5 minutes to mix all the ingredients and flavors together, keep stirring the mixture and serve immediately.
- Garnish with parsley and you’re done!
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish!